My goals for 2018 are different than I have ever had before. My goals are far greater than just losing weight (though that is one) and much larger than just trying to run more miles. My goals this year all revolve around me following my dreams. So here is my list of goals for 2018 and the ways I am planning on making them a reality. Each of these goals below have more micro-segments that I will share as the time is right.
- Be brave enough to believe in myself and make my dreams come true.
- I am going to leave the state that has been my home for 35 years. I am going to leave the city that has been my home for my entire adult life; for 17 years. I am going to move to New York City. This is something I have always dreamed of doing. I am currently looking for employment there, however, I have given myself a deadline and if I don’t have a job by my deadline I am just going to go. I am terrified but excited about it at the exact same time.
- Complete at least a total of 7 races in 2018.
- My goal is to make these races fun / hard. I am looking forward to being part of the amazing running community in NYC. My plan is at least six 5k races and at least one 1/2 Marathon. I will be working with my coach to push me and help me in this transition.
- Write at least one blog post a week.
- I am committing to at least one post a week to keep me accountable for my workouts and my life. I am making sure that I commit to being the strong athlete that I know that I am.